Family & Individual Immigration

Edison Family & Individual Immigration Attorneys

Family close to the poolRepresenting families and individuals through immigration issues

Immigration can be a document-heavy and complicated matter. If you or your family are faced with immigration issues, you should contact an attorney to walk you through the process and represent your legal needs or those of your family. The Law Office of Omar K. Qadeer, PC handles all immigration issues for families and individuals, including adjustment of status, green cards, fiancé visa, 3 & 10-year bars, 601A waivers, and more. Our firm focuses its practice on family law and immigration to most effectively advocate on behalf of those whose legal matters intertwine, impacting their immigration status. If you need quality legal services from a committed and passionate law firm regarding your family or individual immigration matter, contact the Law Office of Omar K. Qadeer, PC.

Adjustment of Status

When a person needs the authorization to live and work in the United States permanently, they will try and achieve permanent residency. An Adjustment of Status will help an individual achieve permanent residency while within the United States. Once a person attains permanent residency, they must carry their green card, which is the documentation for their residency. In order to adjust one’s status and obtain a green card, he or she must reside within the United States and meet certain criteria.

Green Cards

A green card is used to acknowledge that the holder is in the process of becoming a lawful permanent resident. He or she has been granted immigration benefits and is allowed to reside and take employment in the United States. If you wish to obtain a green card based on the family, your eligibility depends on your familial relationships with those who are already lawful permanent residents, immigration status, and immigration history. Others will have to fit in one of the categories for eligibility. If you are interested in sponsoring an individual, you have a lot to consider as well and the same factors apply to them.

Fiancé visa

When a United States citizen is engaged to a non-citizen, they may apply for a K-1 visa for their entry into the United States. This is also known as a fiancé visa. The purpose of a fiancé visa is to become married and for the new spouse to reside within the country. If your fiancé is granted a K-1 visa, you will need to marry within 90 days of their entry into the United States. Failure to do so would cause a need for them to leave the country within 30 days. Once you are married, your new spouse can apply to adjust his or her status and become a lawful permanent resident of the United States. The K-1 visa is an important tool and leads to many benefits.

3 & 10-year Bar

There are many issues facing people who wish to adjust their status. Whether you are the petitioner or the applicant, there are barriers that may prevent or delay family members from becoming lawful permanent residents. If an immigrant has been in the United States illegally for a certain period of time only to voluntarily leave the country at some point, they may face the issue of a 3 or 10-year bar.

601A Waiver

When a person goes through the legal process of immigration, there are many factors that can impact their status and even ban them from being legally admissible to the United States, even if they are already here. In order to convince the United States that a person deserves to enter even though they are stopped because of valid grounds for inadmissibility, one may have to apply for an I-601A waiver.

Divorce & Immigration Issues

Divorce is a complicated matter that can devastate the family. When a divorce can impact your immigration status, it can be a complex matter in need of effective legal services. There are many issues that a person faces when the topic of divorce and immigration intertwine and one’s ability to stay in the United States is impacted. If you are a person who has immigrated to the United States and is worried about your immigration status because of a divorce, you may be able to stay under the right circumstances.