Edison Temporary Visa Attorneys

Passport and US VisaHelping clients across New Jersey obtain temporary visas

Before you can come to the United States legally, you will have to obtain a visa. Whether you are coming to work or study, you will have to get a temporary visa to legally enter the United States. There are countless visas available to foreign nationals that need to temporarily enter the country for a variety of reasons. The Law Office of Omar K. Qadeer, PC helps clients achieve their goals and enter the country temporarily. Our firm can help you through the countless temporary employment visas that vary depending on your employment status and field, including the L visa. We can guide you through getting an investor visa. If you are here to study in one of our esteemed academic institutions, our firm can help you get the proper documents to do so. Regarding visas, there are many different types and varying procedures to get them. It is important to have a knowledgeable lawyer to help you pick which one is right for you and limit any delay you may face in achieving your goal. If you need our legal services, contact the Law Office of Omar K. Qadeer, PC.

Temporary Employment Visas

If you wish to come to the United States for a limited period of time, you must first obtain a nonimmigrant visa for a temporary stay. A temporary worker visa is for a person from a foreign country who wants to enter the United States for employment lasting for a fixed period of time. Each visa will require the prospective employer to first file a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). After the petition is approved, one can apply for the visa. There are numerous temporary work visas and having an experienced immigration attorney to walk you through obtaining your temporary work visa is in your best interests.

Student Visas

When a citizen of a foreign country enters the United States, they must generally obtain a visa. They can choose between a nonimmigrant visa for temporary stay and an immigrant visa for permanent residence. In order to study in the United States, you must have a student visa. The type of visa that would apply to you depends on your course of study and the type of school you wish to attend.

Investor Visas

Investor visas are categorized as treaty visas. Also known as E-1 and E-2 visas, treaty visas encourage trade between the United States and a treaty country. There are many benefits to the E-visa. It is the only visa which allows a foreign national to be self-employed in the United States. Furthermore, E visas are issued up to 5 years and can be renewed and extended in five-year increments as long as the person still qualifies.

L Visas

The L-1 Visa is a nonimmigrant visa only used by foreign nationals seeking temporary status. There are specific requirements that differentiate between the need for an L Visa and the other many temporary worker visas available. An L-1 visa requires that the employee fills an executive or managerial position in the United States or employ an integral and specialized knowledge. There are two types of L-1 visas: an L-1A and L-1B visa and the applicable visa depends on the qualifications and type of work the employee will engage in while in the United States.