Temporary Employment Visas

Edison NJ Temporary Worker Visa Lawyer

Passport and US VisaHelping clients obtain temporary worker visas

If you wish to come to the United States for a limited period of time, you must first obtain a nonimmigrant visa for a temporary stay. A temporary worker visa is for a person from a foreign country who wants to enter the United States for employment lasting for a fixed period of time. Each visa will require the prospective employer to first file a petition with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). After the petition is approved, one can apply for the visa. There are numerous temporary work visas and having an experienced immigration attorney to walk you through obtaining your temporary work visa is in your best interests. If you need a quality lawyer in the United States to guide you through the process, contact the Law Office of Omar K. Qadeer, PC.

Types of temporary work visas

E-1: Treaty Traders
E-2: Treaty Investors
E-2: CNMI Investor
E-3: Certain Specialty Occupation Professionals from Australia
H-1B: Specialty Occupations and Fashion Models
H-1C: Registered Nurse
H-2A: Agricultural Workers
H-2B: Non-Agricultural Workers
H-3: Non-Immigrant Trainee
I-1: Representatives of Foreign Media
L-1A: Intracompany Transferee Executive or Manager
L-1B; Intracompany Transferee Specialized Knowledge
O-1: Individuals with Extraordinary Ability or Achievement
P-1A: Internationally Recognized Athlete
P-1B: Member of Internationally Recognized Entertainment Group
P-2: Performer or Group Performing under Reciprocal Exchange Program
P-3: Artist or Entertainer Part of a Culturally Unique Program
Q: Cultural Exchange
R-1: Temporary Religious Workers

Labor Certification and petition approval

In some cases, a labor certificate or another approval from the Department of Labor is required before filing the Petition for a nonimmigrant worker. Depending on the type of work, some temporary worker visa categories are limited in the approved petitions allowed each year. Contact an attorney to guide you through the process and work to ensure that your petition and application goes smoothly.

How to apply

Once the Form I-129 is approved, you can apply for a visa. The USCIS will send your prospective employer a Notice of Action, Form I-797. There are many steps and the order in which you will complete them may vary at the particular embassy or consulate where you apply. You can start your application in person or online. You will need to set up an interview and its best to schedule your interview early to avoid any delay that could impact your employment.  

Preparing for the interview

You need to be ready for the interview. You will have to gather documents to be approved for the visa. You will have to provide a passport. You will have to provide your visa application confirmation page. You will have to provide the application fee payment receipt. Unless you uploaded a photo in the online application, you will have to bring a printed photo to the interview. You will have to provide a receipt number for your I-129 or I-797. If you are included in an L blanket petition, you must bring Form I-129S to your interview.

You may be required to provide additional documentation, including a residence abroad which you do not intend to abandon, documentation of family relationships, documentation of your economic situation, and your long term plans. To know more about what may be required, contact the Law Office of Omar K. Qadeer, PC for a consultation.

Contact a Middlesex County immigration attorney

The Law Office of Omar K. Qadeer, PC handles the acquisition of all temporary work visas for New Jersey clients. Whether you are an employer looking to file a petition with the USCIS or an employee whose petition has been approved, contact our firm to guide you through the process and work to ensure there are no delays in obtaining a temporary work visa. If you need our help, do not hesitate to call the Law Office of Omar K. Qadeer, PC for a consultation.